Sunday, June 15, 2008

dumpster diving attempt #1

Alice and I spent our Friday night traipsing around Union Square with the New York City Freegans. The find wasn't as great as some I have had in Boston, but I hope tomorrow's will be better. Among the finds were tomatoes, apples, artichoke, ravioli, 40 starbucks paper bags, cauliflower (which tasted excellent today!), shitloads of bread and baguettes from Le Pain Quotidien, bagles, muffins (always a little sketch, especially the bran ones, to me), baskets, myriad shopping bags, magazines from last week with the cover ripped off--rolling stone, OK, and People to name a few. I could go on.

For future dives, I recommend plenty of plastic shopping bags, rubber gloves, a towel, and hand sanitizer. Oh,and put your wallet in a bag too for safekeeping.

No comments: